- In one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed to us as the Father, Creator of all things; the Son, Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension unto God, and imminent return in power and glory.
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
- In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
- In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
- In the ministry of the Holy
i. by the inward witness of
salvation to the believer.
ii. by daily guidance and
the growth of Christ-like
iii. by the Baptism of the
Holy Spirit, an experience
distinct from and following
the new birth, evidenced
initially by speaking with
other tongues and
subsequently by the
manifestation of spiritual
power in public testimony
iv. by the manifestation of
the supernatural gifts of
the Spirit as listed in 1
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead and burn in the lake of fire.
- That following His return Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on the earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new earth.
- God is the Author of Victory Churches.
- God is the source of all our needs - financial, spiritual, physical, relational, or otherwise.
- We have a lifetime commitment to our vision.
- We purpose to be continually renewed in our vision and our mind.
- People are the focus of our ministry, not programs.
- We believe every problem can get solved.
- Teamwork and agreement is the place of power.
- We seek to lead through relationship rather than position
- We are committed to increase, as opposed to maintenance
- We hold the Word of God to be
true and every contrary circumstance
subject to change.
Dr. George Hill
The Victory Church Planting movement is based on two main foundation stones:
Covenant Relationships - Not Control
These relationships enable us all to have the following needs met: Fellowship, inspiration and training, partnership, accountability, and protection from the dangers of isolation. (Judges 18:27-28)
A Common God-Given Purpose That We All Agree Upon
We have a clear statement of purpose for our local, national and international work that we have printed in most of our literature.
Our vision is not an exclusive vision but it is very distinctive. We have found that the Lord has placed this vision in the hearts of people all over the world. But many have never seen it work even though they knew it was possible, until they came in contact with the Victory family of churches.
The Victory family of churches works together to cause the Victory vision to be fulfilled. We have found that united action increases our effectiveness and that no relationship will work unless there are two parties willing to put value into it.
Church membership agreements set forth the responsibilities of the local church to the Victory Churches and the Victory Churches toward the local church. Each church contributes 5% of their general income to the National church planting and approximately another 5% for overseas missions. This had been one of the major factors in helping us to become the fastest growing church planting movement in Canada.
We have Regional, National and International structures to facilitate the vision. Every church is an equal partner in the National Victory Movement and every Nation is an equal partner in the International Movement.
The policy and procedures manual and organizational flow charts are constantly being updated to make way for growth and expansion. If something is not working we will change it. The policies and procedures are to help us to fulfill the vision not to hinder us.
We thank God for the gift of governments and the ability to be able to devise a simple uncomplicated plan that will help us to do our part in taking the wonderful message of Jesus Christ unto the ends of the earth.
Many thanks to you all for being willing to work together for an unselfish vision that is bigger than any one of us. God will not forget your labour of love.
For the furtherance of His Kingdom
Dr. George Hill
President and Founder, VCI